'I am enthusiastic over humanity's extraordinary and sometimes very timely ingenuities. If you are in a shipwreck and all the boats are gone, a piano top buoyant enough to keep you afloat that comes along makes a fortuitous life preserver. But this is not to say that the best way to design a life preserver is in the form of a piano top. I think that we are clinging to a great many piano tops in accepting yesterday's fortuitous contrivings as constituting the only means for solving a given problem.'
R. Buckminster Fuller - Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth, 1969
Above: Curtin Academic Heart - Campus Planning & Place Making,
Curtin University, Perth. Image Production - Squint Opera
Research + Practice
Our approach to Master Planning and Urban Design follows six simple principles:
- Create strong and shared team culture
- Use design as a process for creative and collaborative problem solving
- Deliver evidence based planning and design
- Test economically grounded solutions
- Focus on buildable and cost effective outcomes to catalyse change
- Deliver compelling urban narratives to inspire and align stakeholders in the long term
Urban Enquiry is founded on a strong belief in the power of collaboration and working closely with clients and diverse professional disciplines to ensure project outcomes are progressive, integrated and effective.